There are plenty of food that helps reduce fat and build muscles. Instead of going for artificial sources we can look into nature for the ultimate source of fat busting and muscle building food. Let us have a look at some of them.
1. Eggs: Egg is a great source of protein. Especially the egg white. But the yolk of the egg also contains vitamin A, D and E and cholesterol.
2. Fish oil: Fish oil reduces body fat and increases testosteron ( the male hormone) and helps build muscles. Fish oil also reduces inflamation of joints and skin.
3. Berries: Berries have strong anti-oxidant property that helps prevent cancer. It also helps in preventing eye and heart diseases.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt contains bacteria that is beneficial for gastrointestinal health. Plain yogur with no added sugar is the best.
5. Flax seeds: Flax seeds is a great source of fiber, protein and omega-3.
6. Extra virgin olive oil: It contains 70% monosaturated fat that prevents heart diseases and cancer. Adding 1-2 table spoon of the oil to your salad can be a good idea.
7. Mixed nuts: Mixed nuts contain mono & polyunsaturated fats, proteins, fiber, vitamin E, zinc, potassium, magnesium etc. Great to gain muscles.
8. Red meat: Red meat contains protein, vitamin B12, heme iron, zinc, creatine, carnosine etc. Meat of grass fed animals also contain omega 3 fatty acid.
9. Broccoli: Broccoli is contains anti-carcinogenic phytochemicals in high concentration. It also contains anti-estrogenic indoles. It is also contains large amount of soluble fiber and low calorie that helps fat loss.
10. Spinach: Spinach is a highly alkaline food and it prevents muscles and bone loss. It also prevents cancer and heart diseases.
11. Oats: Oats reduce cholesterol. It also contains soluble fiber and low-gi carbohydrate which is good for getting energy.
12. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in cancer-fighting lycopene.
13. Oranges: Orange is a classic source of vitamin C magnesium, beta carotene etc.
14. Apples: Apples help in weight loss. It contains pectin that increases satiety and helps you lose weight. Apples are also high on antioxidants.
15. Carrots: Carrots are high in beta carotene, vitamin A and fiber. They help in improving eye sight as well.
16. Water: a lot of water helps in muscle recovery and prevents dehydration from heavy workout.
17. Green tea: Green tea helps in fat loss and is a great anti-oxidant as well as diuretic. It also prevents cancer and improves blood sugar and circulation.
18. Cottage cheese: It is a great source of protein. Cottage cheese is contains casein protein which is slow-digestion protein so if you take it before bed it prevents catabolism during the night.
19. Milk: Milk is rich in both whey and casein. It is also rich in amino acid and glutamine.
20. Wheat germs: It is a great source of slow digesting carbohydrates and protein besides fiber, vitamins and minerals.
21. Brown rice: This slow-digestion whole grain is great source of longer lasting energy.
22. Beets: It is a good source of betaine that increases muscle strength and power besides liver and joint health.